Friday 15 April 2011

Mushroom soup

Sometimes I make something that takes my breath away.  This was actually a group effort... Noel very much in on the assembly.

It is amazing what happens to flavours when you use the best possible ingredients.  Yesterday I received a load of miso from Harrewyn Organics.  It will most certainly hold a place of prominance in our shop.  Sweet white miso is not a common ingredient and OH my goodness it is delicious.

The base of the soup is so easy.  Avo, red onion, salt, pepper, hot water.  Blend.
This is the good part:  Punnet of Shitake mushrooms, sliced and tossed in  a quarter cup of olive oil.  Then take about a quarter cup of this sweet white miso and toss again.  Dehydrate for about three hours.  Add half the mushrooms into the bender and pulse.  Save the rest for the top and serve with sprouts. 

I was in rapture.  The whole process (excluding dehydrating) took us 10 minutes to assemble.

And now to get ready for my party.  Raw feasting and disco.  What more coud a girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment