Thursday 7 April 2011

That's what friends are for

I had another revelation yesterday.

I was chatting to an old friend about the social aspect of alcohol, you know, when you are the only one at the braai without a drink?

It is a pretty sad state of affairs that we feel the pressure to have a pretend drink in our hand just because other people will feel uncomfortable.  What a lot of nonsense to rag someone because they are having a glass of milk instead.  But this is common hey!  We have all experienced this.  And mmmm, I have definitely done it too! 

Why as a species do we sabatage the success of another?  I have seen it everywhere, more specifically in my places of work.  Someone is doing well, talk a bunch of crap about them.  Someone is promoted, feel jealous and undermine them.  Have we not grown up?  Carol reckons it's because we never weaned ourselves off milk.  We stayed juvenile in our bodies and therefore in our heads.  

So let me take this opportunity to thank you all for being so cool and supportive about the decisions I have made.  You see I forgot to put that in my list of reasons why I have succeeded.  You guys rock.  And I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment