Friday 29 April 2011

The only way is up!

I have fallen off the coffee wagon.  Thankfully the experience was so hideous that I lept straight back on without touching the road!

Back from an Easter celebration, good vibes and happy feelings, surrounded by colourful people and great friends.  My Tuesday morning mission....go to the city of Cape Town council offices to sort out an account issue.

I skipped into the building still blissed out.  The traffic was light, not many people in the building, all the right signs for a swift experience.  I walked straight up to the counter, the lady looked at my paper, shook her head and pointed to another counter.

The queue was so long that it snaked back upon itself three times.


Now I don't understand what happens in my brain when I see a queue that long, but I am now quite certain that there is a gland somewhere which secretes something, making all rational thought impossible.

If anyone said to me "When would be the worst time ever to drink coffee, turn you into she bitch from hell and make the lives of everyone around you a sheer misery?" I would respond by saying "Sorting out an account with a lacklustre person who sits behind a sheet of bullet proof glass".

The next thing I knew I sitting in this queue with a coffee in one hand and a newspaper in the other.

I should have walked away when the lady next to me revealed that she had flown from Johannesburg to see this department about an electricity bill that remained unresolved for almost eight months. 

I won't go into the detail of my shocking behaviour, but there was a swear word involved. 

I watched myself plummet into a septic, sulky, moody cow which lasted the whole day.  As usual, I finished off with two sandwiches and a cornish pasty.  All my basic food groups covered for a particularly unpleasant outcome.  For Noel.

I am told that the best way to see how much progress you have made is to indulge in the thing that you have avoided for some time.  Point taken.  This experiment works!

No comments:

Post a Comment