Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Circus of Life

Cirque du Soleil, loved it.  Eye candy at its best!!

So what am I doing here?  Why write a blog about myself and my journey?  I am undergoing an experiment about body chemistry and how it defines who we are, how we feel and what we can overcome. 

Two years ago I stopped drinking alcohol.  A bottle of wine per day (times 5 years) plus regular drinking before that (drunk the first time aged 14).  I have successfully remained alcohol free since then, and this is the good part, with zero battle.  Easiest thing I've ever had to quit.  No meetings, no councelling, no therapy, no medication and no fighting.  Nothing. And yes, I was most certainly was an alcoholic. 

I have spent the last two years pondering over this success and wondering why is was so easy.

I have a theory that I want to share.

I did a few things to ensure my success.
1.  No battle.  I refused to go into battle with myself.  Think about that for a second.  This may seem obvious but the ego is smart and can trick you into a fight... no battle.
2.  I found a paraliminal on stopping alcohol consumption and listened to it morning and evening.  EVERY day, morning and evening for 30 days.
3. I stopped smoking cigarettes at the same time.  Anyone out there who drinks and smokes will know beyond a shadow of doubt that these are the evil twins, and you do one with the other. Imagine, every time you light up, you think about having a drink.  What a glorious playground for that ego!  There is also a scientific reason why this is a good idea if you are freeing yourself from alcoholism.  Body chemistry.  When we smoke, we make our bodies acidic.  Same state as when we  are drinking, and it is a well known fact that nothing can be changed in the same state in which it was created.  Acidic body. 
4. I switched to a 100% raw diet over night for 90 days.  Same reasoning, alkilise the body.  The change will follow.

Anyone who knows me will vouch for the fact that I started changing within weeks.  The obvious things included:  I remember agreements made.  This is a big one because there is damage done in this area.  Alcoholics are good time friends but they are bloody unreliable.  I can now live in integrity which makes me feel good about myself.  My hair and skin begin to shine.  I am mildly vain, so this is also nice.  I start to loose weight!!!  Ha!  Easy as that.  And the kilos just slip off effortlessly. But the most important thing that happened to me was that bitch Myself went to sleep!  Oh she stirs every now and again, but just to have stretch and make sure we were still aware of her, but she is very much in my background.


I never expected to have this benefit, to silence that beast, to live without her in my face 24/7.   And I do believe that her silence was the key to my success.

No comments:

Post a Comment